Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Tree Outing

Every year I go with my parents to cut down their Christmas Tree.  Some people don't like cutting down trees for Christmas but my sister made a good point the other day.  These trees are essentially a crop that farmers grow for this purpose.  Its not like going into the woods and cutting down a random tree... anyways I always love doing this and its not the same unless we bring whatever monsters are living with us at the time.  This year we had pretty good weather, usually it is raining or snowing and by the end of the trip we are all usually pretty grumpy and dirty.  This year it was sunny and cold, I can handle that mix just fine.

We all bundled up and bundled the dogs up, Dexter ate his sweater on the way to the farm so he was a bit cold.  Within 15 mins he had to be wrapped up in my coat, silly dog.   Winston of course embraces his sweaters, the boots he is not too fond of so we left those off this year.

After going back and forth and trying to decide on a tree we ended up going with one of the first ones we saw.  It always seems to happen like that I guess its best to always go with your first instinct, even when xmas tree hunting.

We (Dad) carried the tree all the way back to the car and it was so big it didn't fit!  Luckily we live close by so I ran home and got my car so we could throw it up on the roof racks.  Volvo to the rescue again :)

Decorating the Xmas tree is always fun to watch, I usually don't help out much.  There is a very precise way the tree needs to be decorated.  Ornaments that the dogs might eat need to be up higher, they love anything that has fluff or that is soft.









As long as we can keep the dogs from peeing on or eating the tree it will be a successful Christmas.  Wish us luck.

No comments: